The following subsections outline how to start and use the software and interfaces associated with the pair of MODS instruments. Prior to observing, one should be familiar with startup and use of the software.
- Starting the software is outlined in the Starting the Software page.
- The MODS User Interface page describes the different sections of the GUI and the most common user interactions with it.
- The MODS Script Engines page describes the tools which parse MODS scripts and send commands through the GUI to the instrument.
- modsDisp(mods2Disp) automatically display images as they arrive on the mountain workstations; and
- modsAlign describes all of the options available in this program which is used to align targets in a longslit or to align a multi-object slit mask.