A Finder Chart should have the following:
- The science target should be clearly indicated. If the science target is not visible (too faint or a diffuse object), the reference source and offsets to the science target should be clearly marked.
- The target name or script name should be clearly indicated on the finder chart.
- North and East should be clearly indicated
- The scale needs to be indicated by drawing a bar and writing the bar length in arcseconds or arcminutes.
- The observed band or filter of the image should be indicated and should match that of the acquisition image taken at the LBT
- The image should reach about the same depth as expected in an acquisition image at the LBT